Hi friend. Did you miss me?:D It has been eons since we talked. Hopefully your year is terrific and has a strong gear towards self improvement.
From the last article, i was glad to let you in on the secret of prayer power when tapped onto creatively. Personally, it has pulled me through countless pits of disappointment, anger, grudge and drawbacks. Prayer is just an untapped power we have at our disposal that seeks to ease and smoothen ruffled aspects of our mental, physical and spiritual being.
“Therefore, i say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.” Mark 11:24. See also John16:23,24.
Would you rather accept ‘better prayer’ or you would lean on ‘pray better’? Focusing on the latter sentiment , i figured, telling someone to pray but not giving a simple outline is more like letting them navigate within a maze without a map or GPS. You might finally get there but it will have taken considerable time and relentless effort on your part!
Could there be a basic guideline for tapping into prayer power? Oh yes, of course there is! You can start with the steps below and see if your prayer life isn’t going to change:
- Meditate. Before you start praying everyday,take a moment of silence. Simply practise thinking about God, His goodness, mercies, grace and blessings. This will make your mind and body more spiritually receptive.
- Now after the meditation, speak to God as you would converse with a friend. No complicated jargon and vocabularies. Just simple, natural words of how you feel. Trust me He understands.
- Pray as you handle routine activities. Just take a minute to ask God to be with you and bless all you interact with. Its as simple as a short whisper ‘God help me, take control’.
- Do not always ask when praying. Instead, affirm that God’s blessings are being given and spend most of your prayers giving thanks.
- Pray believing that sincere prayers can reach out and surround your loved ones with God’s love and protection.
- Never use negative thought in prayer. It’s cliche` that you can’t expect positive results with a negative attitude. Ask God to change your attitude.
- Always express willingness to accept God’s will. Yes, ask for what you want but keep an open mind to accept what God gives. He gives what is good in the longrun.
- Pray for people you do not like or who have been mean to you. Release resentment as it blocks spiritual healing and release of power.
- Practise an attitude of putting everything in God’s hands. Ask for the ability to do your best and leave the rest to Him.
- Finally, make a list of people for whom to pray. The more you pray for others, especially those not connected with you, the more prayer results come back to you. It’s simple…give and more comes back to you.
There you have it! Now it is time to picturize things as happening and actualize your dreams. Wasn’t so hard, was it?
Do you know…
Our brains have about 2 billion storage batteries. The brain can send off power by thoughts and prayer(psyche). The human bodys magnetic power has actually been tested. We have thousands of little sending stations and when these are turned up by prayer it is possible for a tremendous power to flow through a person and pass between humanbeings. We can send off power by prayer which acts as both a sending and receiving station.”
Dr. Norman Peale, Power of Positive Thinking- Prayer Power.